2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
If you’re shopping for a new light-duty pickup truck, you might be wondering how much the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 can tow. Properly equipped, the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 13,300 pounds. It also has a payload capacity of 2,280 pounds. What makes this model such an adept tower? It has a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, as well as series of cutting-edge towing features and five engine options. Read on to learn more about its engines and towing features!
Silverado 1500: Towing Capacity Per Engine
Equipped with powerful engines, the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and performance never fail to impress. Here’s an overview of every engine’s specs and towing capacity:
Standard 4.3L V6 Engine
- 285 hp
- Best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque
- Towing capacity is 7,900 pounds
2.7L Turbo Engine
- 310 hp
- 348 lb-ft of torque
- Towing capacity of up to 9,600 pounds
5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management
- 355 hp
- 383 lb-ft of torque
- Towing capacity is elevated to 11,500 pounds (Note: the same engine with active fuel management tows up to 10,000 pounds).
6.2L V8 Engine
- 420 hp
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- Tow the SIlverado 1500’s maximum of 13,300 pounds (on the RST trim)
3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel
- 260 hp
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- Tow capacity of up to 9,500 pounds
Silverado 1500: Towing Features
The 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity is impressive, but its engines can’t take all of the credit! The Silverado 1500’s multitude of towing features helps make it an efficient and safe tower. Here are a few highlights from its lineup of towing features:
- Trailering Package: Standard of the Silverado 1500, this package includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: This package is available on select trims, and includes the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, as well as revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks make it easier to keep an eye on the cargo. Learn more about the available Silverado 1500 accessories!
Test Drive the Silverado 1500 at Christi Hubler Chevrolet
A high towing capacity is just one of the many highlights of the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500. To take the Silverado 1500 for a test drive, contact us online or call us at 765-323-4425! Don’t forget to browse our current new vehicle specials for great offers on some of the most popular Chevy models like the Silverado.
Learn More at Christi Hubler Chevrolet
If you want a sporty ride that’s environmentally friendly but also doesn’t break the bank, the Chevy Bolt is the vehicle for you. The new Chevy Bolt is not only an environmentally conscious vehicle; it also comes in at an attractive starting price affordable to many Lafayette car shoppers. How long does it take to…
The 2022 Chevy Bolt has an incredible range and offers capabilities you will be excited about on your Brownsburg drives. At each 2022 Chevy Bolt price level, you will find your expectations blown away. With a 259-mile driving range, the Chevy Bolt is an incredible electric vehicle. Keep reading below as we cover the Chevy…
The 2022 Chevy Trailblazer has the engines for Lafayette drivers to handle all of their weekend getaways. But What is the Chevy Trailblazer towing capacity? When properly equipped, the Chevy Trailblazer towing capacity maxes out at 1,000 pounds. If you’re ready to experience the 2022 Chevy Trailblazer for yourself, then contact us to schedule a…