2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
If you’re shopping for a new light-duty pickup truck, you might be wondering how much the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 can tow. Properly equipped, the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity maxes out at 13,300 pounds. It also has a payload capacity of 2,280 pounds. What makes this model such an adept tower? It has a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, as well as series of cutting-edge towing features and five engine options. Read on to learn more about its engines and towing features!
Silverado 1500: Towing Capacity Per Engine
Equipped with powerful engines, the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity and performance never fail to impress. Here’s an overview of every engine’s specs and towing capacity:
Standard 4.3L V6 Engine
- 285 hp
- Best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque
- Towing capacity is 7,900 pounds
2.7L Turbo Engine
- 310 hp
- 348 lb-ft of torque
- Towing capacity of up to 9,600 pounds
5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management
- 355 hp
- 383 lb-ft of torque
- Towing capacity is elevated to 11,500 pounds (Note: the same engine with active fuel management tows up to 10,000 pounds).
6.2L V8 Engine
- 420 hp
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- Tow the SIlverado 1500’s maximum of 13,300 pounds (on the RST trim)
3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel
- 260 hp
- 460 lb-ft of torque
- Tow capacity of up to 9,500 pounds
Silverado 1500: Towing Features
The 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity is impressive, but its engines can’t take all of the credit! The Silverado 1500’s multitude of towing features helps make it an efficient and safe tower. Here are a few highlights from its lineup of towing features:
- Trailering Package: Standard of the Silverado 1500, this package includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: This package is available on select trims, and includes the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, as well as revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks make it easier to keep an eye on the cargo. Learn more about the available Silverado 1500 accessories!
Test Drive the Silverado 1500 at Christi Hubler Chevrolet
A high towing capacity is just one of the many highlights of the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500. To take the Silverado 1500 for a test drive, contact us online or call us at 765-323-4425! Don’t forget to browse our current new vehicle specials for great offers on some of the most popular Chevy models like the Silverado.
Learn More at Christi Hubler Chevrolet
The Chevrolet Tahoe has been a standard setter in the SUV game for a very long while, giving drivers a prime interior, rugged engineering, and ample space for everyone and everything. That being said, towing is also a big get when you purchase this vehicle, especially compared to less rugged models from other brands….
The 2022 Chevrolet Traverse is a fantastic option for growing Lafayette families that need all the space they can get to maximize outings together. Fortunately, the new Chevy Traverse won’t let you down thanks to a large amount of interior room in the cabin and cargo area. Which is why so many drivers are…
Crossover SUVs are renowned among Lafayette drivers for their upright posture, ease of use, and general practicality. That said, most of these large vehicles are far from what anyone would call fuel efficient. The 2022 Chevy Equinox gas mileage is different. Coming in at a thousand pounds lighter than many of its competitors and…